Ad specs, a combination of site,
are are items of your inventory. They are the products you are selling which you can add to a media campaign. Stored in your inventory database, you can easily add them to a media campaign using the media search. You can create ad specs manually, using the 3.2 Ad Spec & Rates Manager or the 3.4 Inventory and Rates Manager.
Watch this video to get an idea about how to Create & Connect Ad Specs.
Ad Spec Fields
The record of an ad spec stores product relevant information such as naming, key values, discount limitations, and standard frequency capping. For Print print items it also holds the sizing information. Its related lists provide further information, i.e. on prices.
Ad Spec Fields
The main information are the three building blocks of a product:
- Ad Type
The upper part of the record holds the general information about the ad spec. Here you can enter your internal product account number, Short or long descriptions, the Description for the PDF, external names which you can print on your PDF. You also
- Ad Spec Name
- Product search Name
- External Name
- Use External Name on PDF: If checked the external name will be used on the PDF documents, if that one is not filled the adspec name is used.
- Product Account Number
- Non-Media: You have the option to mark this product as a Non-Media Product. Learn more about 184.108.40.206 Non-Media Products here.
- One Flight Per Size
- Short Description
- Long Description
- Description on PDF: This line will be seen in a separate row on the PDF under the actual product: 220.127.116.11 Fields used in Columns and Rows in PDF table. Can be used to inform the customer about the products sizes, bleed or other information relevant externally.
The record type of an ad spec states if it is a
- single ad spec (Standard) or a
- package, consisting of multiple components.
Print and Exclusivity Fields
Version 2.95 and up
Alternatively to managing bleed in your AdType you can set it here now. This will give you a greater flexibility to organize different setting for the same Ad Type and pass this to your flat planning system. The formula field effective bleed amount in your AdSpec will check whether bleed is set in the AdSpec otherwise lookup the AdType value.
- overbooking factor Overbooking Factor to selectively overbook (digital)
- alternatively, instead of managing this on the ad price you can set the maximum applicability plus unit for your ad spec. Refer to 4.9 Booking Calendar.
In ad spec record you can disable your sales from giving out certain discounts. The same way we have fields for all other discounts so that you can also limit your SalesReps to assign
- No Customer Discount,
- No Agency Discounts,
- No Quantity Discounts,
- No Agency Earnings/Commission,
- No Third Party Commission.
If you are using the VAT calculation make sure that the
- VAT Type is selected otherwise the tax is not added to your offers and invoices 6.1.4 Value Added Tax (VAT) / Goods and Services Tax (GST). Optionally you can track
- Costs in a currency field for your product.
Most importantly make sure to link at least one ADServer ID. Read more here 3.2.3 Predefined AdServer Targeting for Products: Connect Ad Specs via Ad Server IDs. Alternatively you can use the related list or the wizard 3.2 Ad Spec & Rates Manager.