|Version||2.130 and higher|
|Integrations||Google AdManager, Adswizz, Freewheel, Google Display&Video 360, Datorama, SMART, Xandr|
You successfully connected your external systems to ADvendio and now you want to do one of the following:
- Lifetime Delivery Report: Updates the overall Impressions, Clicks and Status of your Campaign Items, can be used to synch your items performance, to see if they deliver according to the Campaign Item goals.
- Monthly / Daily delivery Report: Updates your Campaign Items with detailed delivery information, either on a monthly or daily basis. This will also be needed, in order to invoice your items based on actuals.
- Programmatic Revenue Import: The import of programmatic revenue data from a DSP / SSP / Exchange as used in our programmatic reporting features
Customers using a version older than 2.130 will need to additionally enter the credentials for a Salesforce User including username, password and security token in order to plan the imports. For all newer versions this is not required anymore. See the section below for more information.
Which Salesforce User is used to actually import the data?
Generally, ADvendio is using the Salesforce User, who is planning the delivery reports as also the user who will then be used to import and update the actual delivery information into Salesforce. This is mainly relevant, that you will need to make sure that the user planning the reports has access to all needed objects and records. We generally recommend to use a System Administrator profile for this. If you want to use a specific user for the import, for example to better track which data has been updated by the delivery reports, you will need to log into the Salesforce UI with that specific user and plan the delivery reports.
're updating from an
to 2.130 it depends on your current configuration what step you will need to take. We're switching from the user that is entered in the settings, to the one who has planned the configuration as user we take to perform the import actions. It is important, that the user which performs the import,
has authorized ADvendio to use OAuth to manage the data and that the user has enough access right to all relevant ADvendio objects and records. We recommend to use a System Administrator profile for this.
- You used your System Administrator User to plan the delivery report settings and have also entered his login credentials in the login settings section. Then everything is working like before for you.
- You entered a different user into the login settings section of your Delivery Reports. In this case you will need to follow these steps:
- Log into Salesforce as this specific user, you want to use for your Delivery Imports
- go to the Delivery Report Settings / Delivery Report Center, click edit and save the settings again without changing anything
- Make sure the user has authorized ADvendio to use OAuth. If not, you can do this be performing any ADvendio Connect related action, like going to a connection record and click the check login button.
With the new configuration, it will currently not be possible to use an API only Salesforce user for the delivery imports. If you currently have such a configuration, please contact your Technical Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org before updating to 2.130, so we can work on a solution.
Lifetime Delivery Reports