The Media Configuration is the central location where the user can enter all necessary information to adjust Campaign Items. With the Media Configuration, it is possible to display or hide every field, tab or action button and customize those to specific needs. Conditions can be used to specify, if fields are mandatory, read-only or hidden. Furthermore, it is possible to use roles or profiles to create different page layouts for different user groups. Actions are now faster and easier to use and especially cross media requirements can be handled easily by display only the relevant fields for corresponding Campaign Items. This media configuration leads to an increase of quality and efficiency.
The system administrator is able to activate or deactivate the media configuration at any time.
Please activate the Media Configuration:
- Navigate to App Launcher > Administration Settings and select the tab Administration settings.
- Activate the Media Configuration by selecting the checkbox Use new Media Configuration.
The media configuration allows your users to edit multiple Campaign Items at a time. You can display or hide fields, tabs or action buttons and customize those to specific needs so that different users see exactly the information they need to see. Alternatively the standard salesforce page layout for Campaign Items can also be used.
The Media Configuration comes with the following features:
- Tabs can be renamed, removed, and the order be changed.
- Tab Setup: All tabs and their fields are configured in the object Tab Setup as well as the the sort order. The system administrator is also able to select different tabs and their fields for different features: It is possible to show different fields for the Media Configuration and the Commercial Optimizer. Moreover, it is possible to show other fields for the "Add Items" button as for the "Edit Items" button. It is important to setup all relevant fields and tabs at this point, because restrictions are made at Tab Rules.
- Tab Rules: Tab Rules defines, under which conditions fields are editable (input fields), read-only fields or fields, that are hidden for a specific user or user group. It is also possible to define, under which conditions action buttons are enabled or disabled and for which feature this rule should work. Tabs and their fields are configured in the object Tab Setup.
- Fields can be displayed in tabs as input field, read-only field or hidden field. It is also possible to display a field in every tab (static fields). But don't use fields multiple times in more than one tab setup.
- Action buttons can be enabled or disabled by using Tab Rules. Furthermore, those action buttons can be enabled or disabled for different features.. Moreover, all action buttons are redesigned and coming with new functionality: Copy Item, Delete Item, Copy Value and Split Item.
- Products are displayed with product icon.
- Packages are displayed with package icon and component icons. Packages and Campaign Items can be combined as AdHoc Bundles, Publication Dates can only be selected for components.
- Linear Package: All information should be entered at package header level and automatically written down to the components.
- Prorated Package: All information should be entered at package header level and automatically written down to the components.
- Individual Package: All information should be entered at component level and automatically written up to the package header.